Hi, I'm Rachel!
I'm just your average small-town girl. I've lived in the Fond du Lac area my whole life. I have a love for my Lord and a desire to serve Him with everything I do.
My family means the world to me. They are loving and amazingly supportive and I am blessed beyond words. I am the oldest of four children. Though I might be slightly biased, I think my three siblings are pretty fantastic, and they sure do make life way more fun!
I'm definitely a dog person though cats are lovely as well. Puppy cuddles are on the top of my favorite things! I dream of owning a corgi one day. I'm a former dancer and I enjoy many different kinds of sports. One of my favorites sports both to play and watch is baseball. The Milwaukee Brewers are my favorite MLB team. My favorite NFL team is the Green Bay Packers. And if you haven't figured this out yet I'm a Wisconsinite through and through.
I specialize in senior portraits, weddings, engagements, and family sessions. I'm a natural light photographer, though I've been known to dabble in headshots, branding and event photography as well.
Ten FUN FACTS about me:
1. I have a snake phobia. Otherwise known as Ophidiophobia. No joke, I've been scared of snakes for years. So, if you run into me somewhere like the zoo, I'll be actively avoiding the snake exhibits.
2. I consider myself to be a bit of a coffee snob. Partially due to the fact that I worked at a bookstore/coffee shop for close to a year and a half. Quality coffee in my hand + delicious baked dessert in front of me = One very happy Rachel
3. Thanks to my mother I have a great love for musicals (also theater!) I can't tell you how many times I've watched The Sound of Music, Mary Poppins or The Music Man. You can't beat the feeling of sitting in a theater as the opening music starts to play.
4. I've always loved reading! Specifically, mysteries (thanks to reading loads of Nancy Drew as a kid.) I also enjoy historical romance & suspense novels.
5. One of the first TV shows I really got into was Doctor Who. I also am a HUGE Marvel nerd. Superheros, sci-fi, mysteries, and old TV shows *cue the A-Team theme* are some of my favorite things. I also love period drama like North & South and anything Jane Austen.
6. Traveling and exploring new places makes me very happy. Except I hate packing for trips. I'm also a chronic over packer.
7. I was a part of my church's liturgical dance team for over 11 years. I also enjoyed assisting with choreography during that time. Two of my favorite styles of dance are ballet and modern.
8. I've always been an animal person. Our first dog Catcher was a lovable old husky mix who loved snuggling, eating treats, and not playing fetch. Our second dog Sam was a terrier/mini pincher mix who loved napping in the sun and attempting to fit in our laps. My family currently owns two dogs, Sven is a mastiff & Roman is a red heeler. They both certainly keep us on our toes. My dream dog is a corgi.
9. I have a passion for missions! I had the opportunity to serve in Ontario, Canada as summer staff at a wonderful place called Camp of the Woods. I spent three summers in a row serving at COTW and wouldn't trade those memories for the world. It helped form who I am today.
10. I'm involved in many different ministries at my home church Grace Evangelical Free Church in Fond du Lac. I also work there full-time as their Communications & Media Coordinator.